There are several internet browsers that you can use on the iPad. The iPad comes preloaded with Safari (blue compass icon above.) Whichever browser you like, here are 10 tips on internet safety:
- If using the internet is new to you, ask someone you trust to help you.
- Delete email offers that seem ‘too good to be true’ (phishing scams.)
- Do not share personal information online.
- Read and understand privacy settings and app privacy policies.
- Never share your passwords (keep them private/share only with people you trust).
- Think before you say something online. It could be shared with lots of people.
- If someone says something online that upsets you, tell someone you trust.
- Do not download or click links unless you know they can be trusted.
- When using public Wi-Fi (like at a coffee shop) do not enter personal or financial information on a website.
- Keep your software updated.
For more information about online safety around ‘Scams & Fraud’, visit:
For internet browser apps that do not track your searches, check out FireFox Focus or DuckDuckGo.
For Social Media Safety Checklists, visit these links:
For Safety Tips for Young People, including Bullying, Digital Wellbeing, Online Grooming, Online Reputation, Privacy Settings, and more, visit childnet.com.