To increase meaningful participation in communities of choice for people with disabilities by increasing access to appropriate technology supports.
Core Values & Beliefs
- All people, regardless of ability, have the right to self-determination.
- Competency and the ability to learn should always be presumed for every human being.
- Every person communicates, even if they don’t use speech. Every person’s communication is valuable.
- Assistive Technology (AT) is a set of tools and strategies that can enhance opportunities and possibilities for people with disabilities.
- Inclusive Design tools & strategies can often enhance opportunities & possibilities for people with a wide-range of abilities, including those who experience disability.
- Individuals and their families should be an integral part of the process of finding and choosing AT.
- AT is not the focus. Participation in meaningful activities with the person at the center is paramount. AT is simply the tool to achieve this.
- Successful use of technology tools & strategies requires support and training and should be done so in natural environments in meaningful contexts.